Thursday, December 15, 2016

Letter to L. (December 15, 2016)

Dear L.,

I just wanted to take the time to express myself. Fundamentally, I am grateful to have met you and would like to thank you for the ‘interesting’, enjoyable, and ‘fun’ time we have had together.

Despite out fluctuating narcissism and our impending promiscuity as interpersonally-fluent and intellectually-successful individuals, there is in me still a unactivated spot of blind affection in my heart (or rather amygdala), which has recently exposed me to some potentially strong emotions towards you.

You know that you are profound, kind to ‘worthy people’, beautiful and destined to a great future (much like myself, I like to think) because of you inherited abilities and drive to succeed, but you are also a truly incredible individual. 

In my view, I feel a rare psychological and physiological connection has been achieved, and I obviously wish that you consider the same, although perhaps not enough time has yet passed to tell. 

You have helped me realise that I am so immersed in my own facade that is perpetuated by my materialism, rather than delighted by my existence that is sustained by my intellectualism. I have often wondered, but now have come close to conclude, that I seem to live a life of which most people dream, but continue to dream of the things most people already have.

You have evidenced that some ‘mixed-boy’ is unlikely to waste my time, that some of the sexually-adventurous are also some of the purest, and that those who live the furthest away may be the closest. 

Mainly because of the physical distance to you in the long term, it may be feasible to dismiss it, but I can only dream that some small infatuation is reciprocated by you. 

I will remain with the enchanting memory of you and our amazing time together.
I hope you will be blessed with all the best of luck in your future endeavours.

I hope that we remain in each other’s lives, indefinitely, in the distance, but perhaps the embellished thought will gradually fade and eventually dissolve into the mist of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment